Imaging Algorithms Developer
Scopio Labs is transforming hematology and the process of cell morphology analysis. Scopio offers a suite of digital diagnostic applications and platforms that replace the manual microscope, enable dramatically faster, earlier detection and diagnosis of blood-related cancers, anemias, bacterial and viral infections, expediting access to life-saving treatments for better patient outcomes.
Scopio has developed a revolutionary digital imaging platform using novel computational photography. Built on top of this breakthrough technology is Scopio’s clinical-grade AI that automatically analyzes blood samples at the highest resolution in the world today within minutes. Scopio Labs has secured FDA clearance for its Full-Field Peripheral Blood Smear Application and its technology is in commercial use at hospitals and labs in the US, Europe, and Israel. Scopio has 80 employees with offices in Israel and the US.
The Imaging Algorithms team develops the core imaging technology for our digital microscopy platform. The team responsibilities include computational imaging algorithms for image acquisition and reconstruction as well as calibration algorithms for the optics and mechanics of digital microscopy.
You will work as an algorithm developer in the team. The position is very hands-on and requires developing an in-depth understanding of the challenges within the digital microscope platform, crafting creative solutions and implementing them. The work involves tight collaboration with the engineering and software teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop image acquisition algorithms for our digital microscopy scanner.
- Develop algorithms for automatic calibration.
- Optimize and maintain algorithms to run in real-time scenarios.
- Work closely with the SW and engineering teams to develop new features and tests.
- Characterize optical setups and the mechanics of the system.
- Own features and modules.
- BSc. in electrical engineering/biomedical engineering/physics or equivalent.
- MSc. is an advantage.
- Experience developing with Python/Matlab.
- Experience with image processing algorithms / computer vision.
- Experience with computational photography – a major advantage.
- Experience working with optical setups / imaging / microscopy – an advantage.
- Experience with Linux environment – an advantage.