Director of Business Development
Scopio Labs is transforming hematology and the process of cell morphology analysis. Scopio offers a suite of digital diagnostic applications and platforms that replace the manual microscope, enable dramatically faster, earlier detection and diagnosis of blood-related cancers, anemias, bacterial and viral infections, expediting access to life-saving treatments for better patient outcomes. Scopio has developed a revolutionary digital imaging platform using novel computational photography. Built on top of this breakthrough technology is Scopio’s clinical-grade AI that automatically analyzes blood samples at the highest resolution in the world today within minutes.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-driven director of business development to grow the company, by identifying business opportunities and developing long-term partnerships and growth strategies. The responsibilities of the director of business development include identifying business opportunities creating the leadership buy-in for those opportunities and then initiating, negotiating, orchestrating inbound elements towards the partnership and closing successful strategic partnerships. The Director BD will be the internal focal point for the relationship with the partner pre and post deal signing as well as maintain the relationship with the partner throughout the lifetime of the partnership.
To be successful as a director of business development, you should be persuasive and have strong business acumen, have a good understanding of contracts and be able to lead the internal processes required to meet the partnership goals. Ultimately, an exceptional director of business development should be adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills pre and post deal closing.
Director of Business Development Responsibilities:
- Identifying and getting the leadership buy-in for strategic partnership deals, building the relationship with the partners, negotiating and closing successful deals.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify potential business opportunities.
- Analysing and risk assessing all aspects of the proposed partnerships.
- Preparing all documentation required for the BD efforts.
- Researching emerging trends and recommending new partnerships.
- Developing and managing the on going relationship with the strategic partners
- Presenting business opportunities to company executives and management.
Director of Business Development Requirements:
- 7+ years of business development experience with 3+ years in the Medical industry
- Proven track record in initiating, negotiating and closing successful significant BD deals and partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field; master’s degree is advantageous.
- Good technical understanding