Computer Vision Team Leader
Scopio Labs is transforming hematology and the process of cell morphology analysis. Scopio offers a suite of digital diagnostic applications and platforms that replace the manual microscope, enable dramatically faster, earlier detection and diagnosis of blood-related cancers, anemias, bacterial and viral infections, expediting access to life-saving treatments for better patient outcomes.
Scopio has developed a revolutionary digital imaging platform using novel computational photography. Built on top of this breakthrough technology is Scopio’s clinical-grade AI that automatically analyzes blood samples at the highest resolution in the world today within minutes. Scopio Labs has secured FDA clearance for its Full-Field Peripheral Blood Smear Application and its technology is in commercial use at hospitals and labs in the US, Europe, and Israel. Scopio has 80 employees with offices in Israel and the US.
Scopio computer vision team is considered an AI leader in the field of microscopy and hematology. The computer vision team is responsible for solving the most challenging tasks in microscopy image analysis. We research and develop new AI models to analyze thousands of cells, build new infrastructures for on-prem inference and collect vast unique vast labeled data, to provide a clinical grade solution that runs in real time.
With its first AI based solutions already cleared by the FDA, Scopio is expanding, and driving the development of new applications. Today we are increasing the team of computer vision algorithm experts and ML software engineers and are looking for an experienced computer vision team leader to lead this group in its next achievements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the computer vision team and deliver end to end AI solutions to Scopio’s applications.
- Lead a team of top-notch, senior engineers.
- Manage complex AI based projects that involve diverse biological data.
- Develop clinically grade robust AI based solutions, that have high accuracy and low inference times.
- Work in a clear and documented workflow, to support Scopio’s regulatory requirements.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering. M.Sc. is strongly preferred specifically with computer vision theoretical background.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience.
- Previous hands-on experience in developing classic and AI based computer vision algorithms
- Strong knowledge in AI related methodologies, data centric approach, labeling challenges, efficient inference methods, ML infrastructure development (ML-Ops), model re-training approaches, solution evaluation and deployments.
- Ability to clearly analyze computer vision challenges and work, together, with a team of experts in their field to provide state of the art solutions.
- Articulate complex ideas in an easy, clear manner.