Check out our open positions below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Computer Vision Team Leader
About The Position
About Scopio Labs
Scopio Labs is a fast-growing medical technology company transforming the fields of hematology and cell morphology analysis. As a team, we work to enable faster, earlier detection and diagnosis of blood-related diseases, so patients can start treatment sooner and have better outcomes. We are collaborative and global – and every individual at Scopio Labs is part of a life-saving mission.
About our technology
Scopio has developed a digital imaging platform using novel computational photography and clinical-grade AI that automatically analyzes blood samples at the highest resolution available and in minutes. Scopio Labs has secured FDA clearance for its Full-Field Peripheral Blood Smear Application, and Scopio technology is in commercial use at hospitals and labs in the US, Europe, and Israel.
Scopio is growing fast to drive the development of new applications and expanding our team of computer vision algorithm experts and ML software engineers.
What you’ll be doing
As the leader of the Scopio computer vision team, you will be part of an elite group in the field of AI microscopy and hematology. The computer vision team is responsible for solving the most challenging tasks in microscopy image analysis. Your team will research and develop new AI models to analyze thousands of cells, build new infrastructure for on-premise inference, and collect vast labeled data to provide a clinical-grade solution that runs in real time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the computer vision team and delivering end-to-end AI solutions to Scopio's applications
- Lead a diverse team of top-notch, senior and junior engineers
- Managing complex AI-based projects that involve diverse biological data
- Developing clinical-grade, robust AI-based solutions with high accuracy and low inference times
- Maintaining a clear and documented workflow to support regulatory compliance
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A minimum B.Sc. (M.Sc. strongly preferred) in electrical engineering, computer science or software engineering; ideally with a computer vision theoretical background
- At least 3 years of managerial experience
- Previous direct experience developing classic and AI-based computer vision algorithms (at least 3 years of hands-on experience).
- Strong knowledge in AI-related methodologies, data-centric approaches, labeling challenges, efficient inference methods, ML infrastructure development (ML-ops), model retraining approaches, solution evaluation, and deployments
- Ability to clearly analyze computer vision challenges and collaborate with a team of experts in the field
- Articulate complex ideas in a clear manner