Check out our open positions below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Clinical Application Specialist - EMEA
About The Position
Scopio Labs is transforming hematology and the process of cell morphology analysis. Scopio offers a suite of digital diagnostic applications and platforms that replace the manual microscope, enable dramatically faster, earlier detection and diagnosis of blood-related cancers, anemias, bacterial and viral infections, expediting access to life-saving treatments for better patient outcomes.
Scopio has developed a revolutionary digital imaging platform using novel computational photography. Built on top of this breakthrough technology is Scopio’s clinical-grade AI that automatically analyzes blood samples at the highest resolution in the world today within minutes. Scopio Labs has secured FDA clearance for its Full-Field Peripheral Blood Smear Application and its technology is in commercial use at hospitals and labs in the US, Europe, and Israel. Scopio has 80 employees with offices in Israel and the US.
What you’ll be doing
The Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS) is part of a multidisciplinary team that supports the equipment integration process from order to go-live in the laboratory environment. This includes implementation activities, on-site instrument training, and support to realize an efficient and successful customer integration of the Scopio solution as the primary laboratory consultant from a technical perspective. Also supports sales objectives by providing field technical support, serves as a technical consultant to existing and new customers, executes advanced training workshops, serves as the local resource for troubleshooting and resolving performance problems as part of customer retention activities. The ideal CAS has experience and background in both the laboratory and IT environment and is strong in hematology.
- Implement Scopio instruments, middleware and supplies into customer sites/laboratories: Plan the implementation process. Work with customer to take ownership of the instrument. Assist customer with meeting their regulatory and validation requirements. Provide appropriate training for the customer on newly installed instruments. Manage the integration process to meet customer expectations and timeline.
- Perform troubleshooting on issues related to middleware or instrument performance designed to improve customer self-sufficiency: Investigate problems; diagnose probable causes; systematically eliminate alternatives; provide solutions. Recognize and communicate product issues, complaints and potential improvements.
- Develop and implement training programs (workshops and on-site training) for customers and Technical Services to maintain desired levels of customer satisfaction and reference ability.
- Manage time, territory and accounts effectively; use computers to document activity; take initiative to make changes to improve how work is done, focus on process improvement; promote customer satisfaction; support sales objectives and organizational directives; provide data to the organization on customer use/preferences leading to customer driven use/preferences leading to customer driven design/customer usability. Responsible for identifying and communicating critical gaps, product issues, complaints, and recommend potential improvements to the installation and implementation process. Responsible for supporting the systems assigned to their territory and greater geography to meet business demands. Accomplish results individually and in collaboration on teams and work groups.
- Provide technical information to direct management/peers and other functional groups. Proactively address and support sales objectives and organizational directives.
- This individual must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving and communication skills. The individual must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, can-do attitude and strong desire to set and achieve goals.
- Provide both pre-sale and post-sale support. Pre-sale support includes delivering technical presentations and instrument demos, working trade shows, and performing evaluations as necessary. Post-sale support includes standard of work and customer retention activities to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Requires travel, up to 60%.
- Responsible for managing company assets and expenses within company guidelines.
- -Minimum 4 year's in laboratory science experience, as an Applications Specialist or Medical Technician
- -Experience in the Hematology market
- -Must be fluent in English as well as native language of the country of residence.
- -Regional location of candidate in Germany or other western Europe location
- -Willingness to travel up to 60-70%
- -Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- -Basic analytical capability and Microsoft Excel data management skills
- -Ability to effectively interact with customers and co-workers
- -Ability to build sustainable relationships (internal and external)
- -External –Scopio customers, Distributor partners, Direct end-users
- -Internal –Product Supply & Distribution, Regulatory, Quality, Corporate Financial Services (CFS), Global Sales and Marketing.
- -Working knowledge of tools and systems: SAP; Basic Microsoft Excel Skills, CRM; an understanding of Continuous Improvement (Lean Six sigma) tools.