ScopioVet – Sales Director
Scopio Labs is bringing microscopy into the digital age. Scopio has developed a breakthrough digital microscopy platform based on computational imaging that is capable of scanning microscope slides at the highest resolution on the planet, yet with significantly lower hardware costs than existing solutions. Earlier this year, Scopio Labs raised its series B round of funding, and is in early stages of commercialization in human medicine, research and pharma, and further along in veterinary medicine.
For veterinary, Scopio has built and deployed the powerful ScopioVet Digital Cytology System that allows vet hospitals to scan and send cytology and hematology cases to a global network of clinical pathologists, who provide their interpretation within an hour. This is a huge leap when compared to the current status quo: a 1-5 day turnaround when the same samples are sent via courier to the reference lab. Scopio is also applying AI tools to the digitized samples that improve efficiency and accuracy in the clinic for tests like PLT count estimates, etc.
In the coming years, Scopio will deploy several hundred more systems in North America and Europe, and seeks a full-time Sales Director to join our existing sales team to help us do just that.
This position will be instrumental in generating and managing the pipeline of leads as well as helping new prospective customers adopt our innovative technology. After a new lead is generated, this person will be responsible for managing the series of tasks leading up to a successful installation of the ScopioVet system. The role includes pre and post sales responsibilities.
– Establish and maintain sales infrastructure, including CRM and communication platforms, presentation materials, agreements, etc.
– Develop and manage prospect list and execute activities for turning marketing leads into sales leads
– Rapidly respond to incoming prospects, moving them daily through the pipeline of tasks towards installation
– Provide product demonstrations to prospects
– Develop a working knowledge of prospective customer workflows across different customer segments, understand their pain points and needs in order to demonstrate the value proposition and respond convincingly to objections
– Conduct regular industry research to keep informed of trends in order to spot and execute new marketing opportunities
– Develop and manage sales and marketing projects and initiatives
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- A proven leader who has built a sales department and team from the ground up
- Ten years of proven sales success in the veterinary industry
- Extensive rolodex of veterinary relationships and contacts
- Team player willing to work hard, jump in and support growth
- Hungry, motivated self-starter, able to work independently and effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized with experience in database management
- Able to process multiple inititaives simultaneously, driving them to successful resolution
- Digitally and technologically savvy
- Previous success in startups or in an existing company, launching a vertical, business, or team from scratch
- College degree, ideally in related major