Scopio Labs is a unique deep-tech company in Israel’s startup scene.
Scopio’s technology is transforming today’s medical-microscopy analysis, which has hardly changed since its invention 300 years ago, and is still manual. Scopio has developed a breakthrough digital platform based on computational imaging that is capable of rapidly scanning microscope slides at the highest resolution in the world, yet with significantly lower hardware costs than existing solutions.
The Image Acquisition Algorithms team develops the core imaging technology for our digital microscopy platform. The team responsibilities include computational imaging algorithms for image acquisition and focusing as well as calibration algorithms for the optics and mechanics of digital microscope.
You will work as an algorithm developer in the team. The position is very hands-on and requires developing an in-depth understanding of the challenges within the digital microscope platform, crafting creative solutions and implementing them. The work involves tight collaboration with the engineering and software teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop image acquisition algorithms for our digital microscopy scanner.
- Develop algorithms for automatic calibration.
- Work closely with the SW and engineering teams to develop new features and tests.
- Characterize optical setups.
- Own features and modules.
- BSc. in electrical engineering/biomedical engineering/physics or equivalent.
- MSc. is an advantage.
- Experience developing with Python/Matlab.
- Experience with Linux environment.
- Experience with computational photography / image processing algorithms / computer vision – an advantage.
- Experience working with optical setups / imaging / microscopy – an advantage.