- This job is not remote. Candidates must live in, or be willing to commute to, New Jersey.
- Candidates must have managerial experience, as they would be growing and managing the Technical Support Department.
- This person would be leading two business verticals (hematology and veterinary).
Scopio Labs is a startup company with offices in Israel and New Jersey that has developed a breakthrough digital microscopy platform based on computational imaging, capable of scanning microscope slides at the highest resolution and image quality in the world, yet on a uniquely affordable hardware platform.
On top of its breakthrough imaging platform, Scopio built tools for expert remote opinions and AI tools for sample analysis.
Scopio’s platforms are used in several verticals. The main ones are hematology and veterinary care:
Scopio’s Full Field Peripheral Blood Smear analysis tool (and additional future tools on the way), scans and uses cutting edge AI to pre-analyze and shorten the time for blood smear analysis in labs and hospitals by 60%.
The ScopioVet Digital Cytology System allows vet clinics to scan and send cytology and hematology cases to a global network of clinical pathologists. Thus reducing the time for a diagnosis from 1-5-days with a courier, to just 1 hour. Scopio is also applying AI tools to the digitized samples that improve efficiency and accuracy in the clinic.
Scopio is seeking a Director of Technical Support
This position will greatly shape the user experience of the company’s customers and thus build and maintain strong customer relationships. The position requires strong managerial, interpersonal, technical, time management and process management skills. It will include opportunities to define many of the procedures that the company uses and processes that will lead to better technical support.
The position has an important managerial component but will include a hands on component in the beginning, until the operation scales up.
- Manage technical support operations for tiers 1 and 2 in the company with worldwide 24/7 coverage (requires working with customers and company employees in several time zones)
- Develop the company’s procedures and best practices for technical support
- Monitor customer cases for quality and consistency
- Communicate with customers to investigate and solve their issues where needed
- Test software updates and conduct regression testing
- Fulfillment of customer orders (installations)
- 10+ experience with technical support, preferably in the medical industry
- 2+ years managing technical support team members
- Strong technical understanding and proclivity
- Experience with Linux OS/Python/SQL/Jira – advantage
- Fixing computers/working with electronics/optics – preferred
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Analyze data and provide informative status about the results
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team and can also work independently
- Ability to travel occasionally (as part of the position or for company events, training etc.)